MAJOR HOTEL DEVELOPMENT IN THE WORKS FOR DOWN TOWN PHILIPSBURG ST. MAARTEN
PHILIPSBURG–Minister of Tourism, Economic Affairs, Transport and Telecommunication (TEATT) Ingrid Arrindell is working on a major hotel development for the Down Street area.
The Sunwing group has been looking at several locations on the island to invest and construct an all-inclusive hotel. The Ministry has pitched the boutique hotel to complement the recently established STA, and is seeking to hire an interim director to complete the tourism body. Interviews for the post have been completed and the person is said to be a young, energetic St. Maarten national.
The purpose of the STA is to assist temporarily in carrying out the tourism policy of the Government of St. Maarten as a tourist destination; to support the growth of St. Maarten’s land- and sea-based tourism by providing the public and private sectors with focused, sustainable and productive marketing, and the enhancement of the visitor experience.
This project will take two years to complete. Further plans indicate a home-porting location for the Harbour Group and the extension of the entire Down Street promenade.
Source: The Daily Herald
Latest posts by Admin (see all)
- Mein Schiff 6 Captain Boddger amazed with rebuilding effort - April 9, 2018
- Minister of Tourism & Economic De Weever encourages unemployed to visit Divi Little Bay Beach Resort Job Fair - April 6, 2018
- GoFundMe Donations Distributed to Divi Little Bay Beach Resort Employees - November 8, 2017
- Your Stress-Free Holiday Break - November 7, 2017
- Sint Maarten Nature Foundation Monitors Salvage Operations in Oyster Pond and Simpson Bay - October 25, 2017