Mullet Bay – The St. Maarten Golf Association SMGA will host its 21st annual St. Maarten Open Golf Tournament on Saturday and Sunday, april 6 and 7th, 2013, at the Mullet Bay Golf Course.
The Open will begin with registration on Friday, April 5th, at the Golf Course, followed by an opening reception for all participants, sponsors, media and invited guests from 7pm until 10pm at PRIVE Hookah Bar & Lounge in Simpson Bay. Guests will have a chance to mix and mingle and greet many long-time friends from other islands as wel as meeting new ones.
So far the SMGA received close to the maximum allowed amount of 85 participants. Including a large contingent of local players from St. Maarten and St. Martin. There will be some of the most talented and highly competitive golfers from our neighbouring islands like St. Kitts, Anguilla, and Curacao including a big delegation of 20 golfers from Guadeloupe.
This 36 holes stroke play tournament will kick off with the first round of 18 holes on Saturday morning April 6th at 7am. The second round will be played on Sunday, April 7th. Following the tournament, an awards and recognition party will be held at SKY BEACH Rooftop Beach & Lounge in Maho for participants, sponsors, media and invited guests between 6pm and 9pm.
The SMGA is a non-profit organization of avid golfers that promotes the practice of the game of golf and to foster community sense. The SMGA organizes golf matches and tournaments for its members and non-members and donates most of its proceeds that are made through membership fees and during these events like the St. Maarten Open to multiple community organizations on the island.
Net proceeds from the 21st Annual St. Maarten Open Golf Tournament will benefit multiple pre-selected local community organizations like that:
– No Kidding With Our Kids Foundation
– Art Saves Lives Foundation
– Generation New Status STM Band
– Junior Golf Association of St. Maarten
The Board of the St. Maarten Golf Association
The board of the SMGA consists of the following members:
Keith Graham – President
Kenny Patterson – Vice President
Mark Haunauer – Treasurer
Marc van Iersel
Latest posts by (see all)
- Celebrity homeporting now a reality for Port St. Maarten - June 6, 2021
- Port St. Maarten Caters to Close to 1.1 Million Cruise Passengers in First Seven Months of 2019 - September 3, 2019
- St. Maarten Tourist Bureau Hosts Workshop with TripAdvisor and Expedia for Island’s Tourism Private Sector - September 2, 2019
- What does it mean to wake up in paradise? - August 22, 2019
- Smart island paradise in the space age of the 21st century - August 22, 2019